A colon is a significant part of the human body. It also goes by the name of the big intestine. This is part of our digestive system, located in the lower right abdomen. The Colon carries out the task of absorbing the fluids and procedures on waste products. That is to say; this body part helps setting up the waste to leave the human body. Also, the Colon consists of four compartments:
- Descending Colon
- Ascending Colon
- Transverse Colon
- Sigmoid Colon
Above all, if this body part does not perform normal functions, people will have to deal with a lot of pain.
One of the primary diseases that our colons get attacked by is cancer. This disease is widespread and quite harmful to our system. There is a home test kit for colon cancer, which could detect what issue your Colon might be facing has been. Thanks to this discovery, doctors can treat their patients according to the disease. They are subsequently making their pain go away.
The Colon Cancer Screening Test At-Home Test Kit
This is a home test kit for the colon that can indicate if blood is present in your stool, which cannot be seen by the human eye. Due to these indications, doctors can tell if cancer is present or developing within your colon.
Colon At-Home Test Kit Process Steps
You can order the colon home test kits online, and receive it at your doorstep. The test kit comes with written instructions to guide you regarding the home testing procedure.
- To carry out this test, you would need to provide a stool sample of yours. There would be guidelines in the test kit regarding the collection of the sample.
- After collecting the sample, you should ship it back on the same day using the prepaid shipping label provided.
- CLIA and CAP-accredited laboratories analyze the samples. These are the highest accreditation. The results are confidential and are available on the secure account of the user within 2-5 days.
- After receiving the results, the customer can contact the medical team, who will give them advice based on their positive or negative result.
Symptoms of Having Cancer in Colons
Several symptoms show signs of colon cancer in the body. Some of the symptoms may include:
- Blood present in the stool
- Bleeding in the rectum
- Unexplained pain in the abdomen
- Laziness throughout the day.
Several medical conditions need a colon test. For instance, if you face gastrointestinal signs and those who had Adenomas (Benign tumours) before. Furthermore, facing inflammatory bowel disease is also a sign that you should get tested.
Those who have received some syndrome from their families need to get tested. For example, people with type 2 diabetes and if you have got treated through radiation. These types of people need to consult a doctor for a colon cancer test.